DevOps is getting enough traction that there are papers coming out on if from the various analyst groups. I thought I’d spur a roundup of this research – they can be very valuable in converting your upper management types into understanding and seeing the value of DevOps.
- 451 Group: The Rise of DevOps (September 2010, $3750)
- Gartner Research: DevOps: The Changing Nature of System Administration (April 2011, $195)
- Gartner Research: Deconstructing DevOps (May 2011, $195)
- Forrester Research: Improving the Ops in DevOps (July 2011, $499)
- Forrester Research: I’m deliberately not listing Gualtieri’s confused NoOps piece
- Cutter Consortium’s Cutter IT Journal: Devops: A Software Revolution in the Making? (Sept 2011, free)
- Not full reports, but Redmonk did a lot of good and free research on DevOps before Cote went into the belly of the beast
Chime in below with more to add to the list! Analyst stuff, not random blogs, please – something that you would put in front of upper management.