We’re talking about the devops survey with Gene Kim, James Turnbull and Jez Humble
4039 survey responses!
– Don’t change questions midway in a survey
– Get a data analyst for survey analysis
– devops teams are more agile; 30x more deployments, 8000x shorter lead times
– devops teams are more reliable;
– most teams use version control- 89%
– most teams use automated code deployments- 82%
– the longer you do devops, the better you get!
Hilarious John Vincent quote on devops:
Trust and verify
26% of folks who responded to the survey were from the enterprise, and 16% were from 10k and plus.
The biggest barriers to devops was culture because people didn’t get it- whether it was your manager, team or outside the group. Tell people more, and wear more devops shirts!!!
DevOps continues to be a culture issue versus an issue in terms of tools and processes. James Turnbull wants us to go out there and talk to people and figure out people skills!
And join the devops google+ community!
2 responses to “Velocity 2013 Day 3: DevOps and metrics”
Not finding the community
Here it is: https://plus.google.com/communities/104363243715545285555
Also, here’s a link to the actual slides: http://www.slideshare.net/realgenekim/2013-velocity-devops-metrics-its-not-just-for-webops-any-more