James, Karthik, and Ernest did a Webcast on Devops State of the Union 2015 talk for the BrightTalk Cloud Summit. It went well! We had 187 attendees on the live feed. In this blog post we’ll add resources discussed during the talk and we will seed the comments below with all the questions we received during the webcast and answer them here – you’re all welcome to join in the discussion.
The talk was intended to be an overview of DevOps, with a bunch of blurbs on current and developing trends in DevOps – we don’t go super deep into any one of them (this was only 40 minutes long!). If you didn’t understand something, we’ve added resource links (we got some questions like “what is a container” and “what is a 12-factor app,” we didn’t have time to go into that in great detail so check some of the links below for more.
- DevOps State of the Union 2015 Slides on SlideShare
- What Is DevOps?
- The 2014 State of DevOps Report (Puppet, Thoughtworks, IT Revolution Press)
- CAMS (John Willis)
- The Three Ways (Gene Kim)
- The Twelve-Factor App
- Docker Questions (Common questions we got during QA at the BrightTalk summit)
- Advanced topic: Factorish and the 12-Fakter App, by Paul Czarkoswki
- Gartner quotes on DevOps – 20% of G2000, 90% fail without culture shift
- Rightscale 2015 State of the Cloud Report
- Donkey and Unicorn graphic by Mireille Rae
- Knit monkey by Su Ami