Guilin Chen from Facebook is the presenter…
UX is important and mobile users are less tolerant than desktop developers.
What does performance mean for the Facebook study
– page load times
– scroll performance (how smooth)
– prefetch delay (infinite scrolling)
– page load times showed a strong correlation between slowness and user drop off.
– consistent scrolling experience matters more; slower scrolling is better than jittery scrolling.
– prefetch delay studies weren’t as conclusive and thus, didn’t matter as much..